We've Moved

Career in the Rearview Mirror has moved...click here for our new home.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Like A Staycation

Happy Wednesday! We are settling back into our regularly scheduled program over here after having somewhat of a staycation while my mom was in town. She was itching to see her grandbabies and I was itching for some me time so it worked out perfect for her to come out for a few days.

Honestly, after all of us battling the stomach bug last month, and passing around coughs and sniffles in January and February, I just needed some "me" time to recharge my battery. Thankfully my mom would fly out here at the drop of a hat, whatever the reason.

We had such a great week! Ben and I blew our dining out budget for the month (which is usually what happens when family is in town to watch the kids) and went out every night for either dinner or dessert. It was sooo nice! We had to laugh at ourselves because although we wanted to get out and have alone time, we had to force ourselves to go out because we have been so tired lately, and it would have been easy to just head to bed early. (We are old!) It was great fun though!

I got to go out and get my hair done, and do some shopping. I chopped several inches off my hair, so now it's real short! There must be something about my babies hitting 9 months of age, because that is when I cut my hair off with Lucy too. I love it though! I can just blow dry it with a round brush and call it a day. All I ever did was throw it up in a pony tail anyway, so now it forces me to do something with it, while still making it easy.

Is it just me, or does simply going to get your hair cut feel great as a mom??

I picked up a few new tops and scored a pair of BKE's on sale at Buckle! We went in for Ben to look at jeans, and came out with no jeans for him, but a pair for me, whoops! I was over the moon to find out that my jean size is down one size from before I got pregnant with Lucy!! I thought for sure I read the size incorrectly, but not the case. All credit goes to barre classes!! Such an amazing workout!

Now that we are back to reality this week, there is lots of coffee, and thankfully sunshine! Gorgeous, gorgeous 70 degree days this week!




This girl...looking so grown up these days.


And my happy little fella...


This kid is more wild than ever these days...this is what breastfeeding looks like now with him...


You think I'm gonna lay here and eat?
That's funny!


Let me just try to crawl off this nursing pillow...


Who has time to eat when there are endless things to explore??

See ya!

So, we'll see how much longer breastfeeding lasts, ha! But, in all seriousness, that little dude is a blast! He just makes sure I get my cardio in for the day! ;)



Lindsey





No comments:

Post a Comment