We've Moved

Career in the Rearview Mirror has moved...click here for our new home.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

'Tis the Season

I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner! Thanksgiving came and went with a quickness. We opted to stay home this year, and although we missed our family, we had a glorious 4 day retreat filled with snow, PJ's, naps for momma, and endless fires.

We have a tradition of going and cutting down our Christmas tree after Thanksgiving with some of our sweet friends. There are a bunch of designated areas to go cut down a tree, and when you are in beautiful Colorado, that's just what you do :)

We have always gone to Winter Park to cut ours down, and I gotta tell y'all, it is an event! People get there early and bring food and drinks and basically have a giant party all morning and afternoon. We have never been able to stay and hang out too long because the kiddos just get too cold, but there is some serious merriment in the air! I look forward to the kids getting a little older so we can stay and make a day of it!

We went this past weekend, and made the hour and a half drive up to Winter Park with our friends. I wasn't sure how things would go this year because we knew the weather was supposed to be REALLY cold, and that can make things tricky with two little ones, but we bundled everyone up and went into it very optimistic!



Lucy was a trooper, trudging through the snow for a good 5-10 minutes then Ben carried her in the back pack the rest of the way, and I bundled Michael up in the Ergo. The snow was up to my knees in some places...a little scary at times with carrying a little one. Michael actually did better than I expected. He lasted about 10 minutes and then he and I headed back to the car to hang out. My happy fella...




Not too long after Michael and I got back to the car, I saw Ben and Lucy coming with a tree. Thankfully Ben found a good one not too far off the path, and he even managed to cut it down and carry it back with Lucy on his back the whole time. That's my man! ;) Lucy loved it, and never complained once about being cold.



All in all, such a successful day! Happy kiddos, great friends, good looking trees, and a partridge in a pear tree! :)




Happy Holidays!

Lindsey




No comments:

Post a Comment