We've Moved

Career in the Rearview Mirror has moved...click here for our new home.

Monday, September 21, 2015

Michael - 3 Month Update

I'm 3 Months Old Already!!!

This little sweetie pie turned 3 months old last week! Look at that smile! This fella can light up the room with that toothless grin :) And we are starting to get some good roll action going on in those thighs. I just want to eat him up!

Where to start...my little buddy is getting BIG! He is filling out his 3 month clothes REALLY well! And while I haven't officially measured him, he seems to be getting much longer! It's so interesting seeing the growth differences between him and Lucy.

It really isn't noticeable in this picture, but his hair is starting to fall out, just like momma's! Gotta love postpartum hair loss, right ladies?! ;) It's way cuter on him than it is on me, that's for sure!

He is rolling over belly to back, and he is getting really good at grabbing things (like momma's hair) and toys. 


Eating is going about the same. He is a fast, efficient little guy and I am always thanking the Lord that my breastfeeding experience is so much better this time!

Sleeping has also been going well. My pediatrician mentioned that I could start trying to push back the early (5am) feeding around this time. We went to Memphis for a long weekend a little over a week ago and I knew I wanted to wait until we got home from our trip to try it out, but he was a little champ and did it on his own!! Hallelujah! Seriously, this guy makes me want to have 5 more kids! Then I remember that it is unlikely that they will all be as easy as him. ;) So now I dream feed him at 10:30 then he starts stirring around 7:30 and I feed him around 8. It's so funny though because my mom asked me if I felt like a new woman getting all this sleep now and I told her I have actually felt more tired since he has been sleeping longer! My guess is that my body got so used to 5 hours a night on average that it must be too much sleep ha! Anyone else feel me on this? I'm sure my body will readjust and thank me later.

Nap time is a bit unorganized and an area I should probably work at a bit more. Michael usually eats then is awake for an hour to an hour and a half, then goes down for a nap. He just hasn't been sleeping for that entire hour and a half until the next feeding. He typically wakes up after 30 minutes then needs his pacifier or some snuggles before he goes back to sleep again. I'm working on self soothing with him and going to bed awake so we'll see how all that goes. He has started sucking on that thumb which doesn't really excite me, but it does help soothe him. 

Him and Lucy have grown more interested in each other over the last month and it is the sweetest thing! He loves to stare at her and she loves to help do anything and everything with him. 




Best buds, I tell ya! :) Sweet little babes holding hands! 

These two are just growing up so fast! Lucy will be 2 in just a few short weeks so I'll have to do a big update on her! The days are long, but the years are short, right?! 

Lindsey






No comments:

Post a Comment