We've Moved

Career in the Rearview Mirror has moved...click here for our new home.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Life Lately...

Man oh man, time has flown by since I last posted. There have been a lot of home projects, nursery decorating, getting some of Lucy's stuff out of the basement to get ready for the baby, and just general "nesting" going on around here. Now it's time to come up for air so we can be rested (if that's possible) and ready for the baby to come in about three and a half weeks.

Ben and I lay in bed at night and wonder where the time has gone. We can't believe that our sweet Lucy is turning into such a big girl, and yet we are about to go through the newborn stage again with another one when it seems like we were in it with Lucy just yesterday. Friends did tell me that the saying, "time flies" brings on a whole new meaning once you have kids, and boy is that true!

I am savoring every last minute with my precious Lucy in these next few weeks before she gives up the title of "only child'. As I've said before I can't wait to add another bundle of joy to our family and see Lucy in the role of big sister, but as d-day draws near I find myself having more and more bittersweet moments knowing her and I's time together will look different once our family grows.

She is at such a fun age (I think I say this at every age though)! Here is a glimpse of what she's been up to lately.


As we pulled stuff out of the basement we also packed away most of Lucy's winter clothes, but she didn't want to part with everything ;) 




This was a fun afternoon at the park. Daddy came home early from work, which we love so we got to go on a little park date as a family. This little girl loves her daddy! I think he gets bonus points nowadays too because he can fit down the slide and in the swing with her and has endless energy like her to keep up ;) This park date also ended with a trip for some fro yo...BEFORE dinner! Whoop whoop! 


Speaking of her love for her daddy :) We really need to buy her a play lawn mower so she can follow him around in the yard. If daddy is doing it, and it involves being outside its a double bonus!


She looks so grown up in this picture...and just like daddy's mini me, which we already knew.


She also finally got her first haircut! Yay! I procrastinated getting it done because her hair is long enough to put in pigtails (which is freakin adorable) and I didn't want someone to butcher it. She did awesome though, and the lady that cut it just cleaned up the ends so mommy was still satisfied with the length. Win, win!


Can we talk about how much we love sweets in our house?! I have always had a huge sweet tooth, tack on pregnancy and look out! Ben has a sweet tooth too, but I definitely give him a run for his money ;) So our kid...yep, makin' momma proud! She just about took down the entire drumstick! Since this photo, I have gone to Costco to buy the big box of Nestle desserts. We don't like to share when it comes to dessert ;)


This picture almost doesn't need words. It really describes her spunky little personality pretty well I'd say. She is my little firecracker! I can't wait to have my energy back so I can keep up with her and join in all her shenanigans! 











No comments:

Post a Comment